Thanks so much to my fellow blogger jennifer deg for nominating me for the Liebster Award! What an honor! I’m surprised to receive this award and very happy – thank you Jennifer for noticing my blog and thinking it’s worth it!
Just in case and before I get to the questions and my nominees:
For those who don’t know what this award is, here are a few facts about it according to wordingwell.com:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
For those of you who don’t know, here are the rules of this honor.
- Mention the person who nominated you on your blog and link them.
- Answer 11 questions by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers and link them below.
- Create your own 11 questions for them to answer and let the nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
Okay here are her questions.
1. What is your favorite season and why?
My favorite season is undoubtedly spring time. Everything is new, it’s the season of what we call Easter, a time to ponder and rediscover the meaning of faith, love and life. I love the new flowers and the days gradually getting longer. Here in Tokyo we can enjoy a warming weather without the high humidity and we have beautiful cherry blossoms and plum blossoms in spring and in my birth country I have many special memories from walks in the forest, seeing the new tiny small flowers sprouting and blooming beneath the trees.
2. What advice would you give new bloggers?
Write what you are passionate about. Write because you love to write, not to gain followers. Write because you have something on your heart that perhaps others can benefit from. Just keep writing.
3. How much time per week do you spend on your blog?
That is something which greatly varies! Some weeks I barely look at it. Other weeks, like this one, I spend quite a few hours on it. Compiled I’m sure it would amount to a full day.
4. What was your favorite childhood toy?
For the life of me I can’t remember!
I enjoyed creating doll-houses for Barbie I think, using stones from the garden, wooden blocks, paper etc. We weren’t exactly rich, so buying Barbie stuff was a huge no-go. I had 2 dolls and they were presents from my uncle I think. I also loved the Smurfs. Still have the collection and my daughter had a passing flirt with them, but they got back in the box pretty fast.
5. How has your faith helped you through difficult times?
Jesus has helped me through so much. How He did it has been as different as the difficult times I have/am facing. I think to know the “How”, you probably need to read my blog.
6. You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose? Why?
That would be Queen Elsa of Arrendale. Because she had so much fear and tried to run away from it, yet she learned to love… I identify a great deal with her. I would also just love to watch the sunrise with her from her ice castle…
7. What is your favorite book?
I suppose the Bible doesn’t count for this question, but apart from the Holy Scriptures, I do enjoy humoristic books and Patsy Clairmont can have me in tears of laughter in about 5 seconds. Another favorite is Beth Moore’s “Jesus the one and only” and Lysa TerKeurst “Unglued”.
8. What do you love most about blogging?
Sharing how the Lord works in my life. Sometimes shouting from the rooftops, or in the desert, simply isn’t enough…
9. What one post on your blog are you most proud of?
I’m not sure I can say that I am particularly proud of my posts, but the one I most often think of is “A poem – Look”
10. What three words would you use to describe your self?
I’m a Jesus girl. A deep thinker. Oftentimes very impatient.
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
Would that rule out the Trans-Siberian railway? or a cruise around the world?
If I had to choose one particular country I would be in trouble! Hawaii, Norway and Iceland are all on the top of my list. I have visited Norway many times in my childhood and as a young person, but time flies… Norway is possibly the most beautiful country God created and I have been told Iceland is right up there on the same scale. Hawaii I would love to visit because I love Hawaiian foods…
And I hereby nominate (and I’m not entirely sure they have less than 200 followers, but here goes):
1. Hands in the air
2. Livet leves i dag (Norwegian)
3. Lambs servant
4. Pastor Jim Bell’s jottings
5. Lisa Mari (Norwegian)
6. Iceland, I am
And my questions to you:
1. Who are you?
2. What do you like to do the most?
3. If you could meet anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?
4. What are your plans for 2015?
5. Name your favourite books!
6. What’s your favorite photo you took this year?
7. Was there a special moment when you decided to start blogging?
8. You are not leaving your house without…?
9. Potatoes or rice?
10. What is your most prized possession?
11. What is your favorite post that you’ve written? (Please provide link!)
Thanks again Jennifer Deg for thinking of me! I want to encourage those I nominated to take the time to accept this award and pay it forward. Blessings!